I am Grateful for Clever Post Titles.

I'm sitting on the corner of my couch with a glass of iced tea, trying to ignore everything except the country song playing on the radio. A thought floats into my head. What do I have to be grateful for?

To be honest, I don't think much about what specifically I am grateful for. I always just see balance. Practicing gratitude has always seemed a little bit one sided to me. At least it evokes good thoughts in people. Here is what I am grateful for. 

1. I am grateful for my family and how they are always there for me. 

2. I am grateful for all of the "standard" stuff such as food, shelter, and all of that. If I didn't have those things, then I couldn't enjoy anything else. 

3. I am grateful for school. I honestly don't know what I would do without my school, all of the amazing people there, and the wonderful things that happen there. 

4. I am grateful for living in a country where I can say and do whatever I want. 

5. I am grateful for my friends who always support me in their own ways and each bring something interesting to my life. 

6. I am grateful for being able to have my own personal soap box from which to shout my thoughts. (this blog)

7. I am grateful for music. Music is a means of escape to me. For three minutes I can turn on the radio and let my troubles fade away. 

8. I am grateful for books and all of the life lessons that I have learned from them. 

9. I am grateful for my thoughts no matter how treacherous or stupid they are. 

10. I am grateful for the exact place, time, and situation in which I live. Life has not always been kind to dreamers. 

11. I am grateful for all those of you who read this and my other posts. 

-Dianna

Comments

  1. Nice blog post! Have a happy thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you have a happy Thanksgiving as well!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

The Beginning and the End of the End

Everybody Loves Homework!