Manchester by the Sea

Hi people, 

Today I will be reviewing "Manchester by the Sea" which is a beautiful movie that not many people I know have liked. 

After the death of his older brother, a troubled, grief-stricken Lee Chandler (Casey Affleck) has to go back to his hometown to sort out funeral arrangements. While there, he finds out that he is now the legal guardian of his teenage nephew, Patrick (Lucas Hedges). The two of them spend the rest of the movie trying to come to terms with the way their lives have gone. 

The movie is not entirely about grief, as Lee has his own deep-rooted issues that are shown through flashbacks. Lee has to learn to forgive the world, the people in his life, and most importantly, himself. 

I find that the ending of the movie is the most interesting part. It really taught me that regardless of what may happen, life still moves on and that we need to accept that so that we may move on as well. 

 Other parts of what made this movie so engaging to me were the dry humor that was interspersed with moments of drama and even absolute misery. 

Even though I absolutely loved this movie, it was very dark and melancholy which could deter many people from watching it. 

-Dianna

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

Everybody Loves Homework!

The Beginning and the End of the End