D.I.Y. Is a Lie.

Hi people, 

This is probably going to turn into a type of rant. You have been warned. 

If you haven't been living under a rock you know about D.I.Y. trends and all the annoying Pinterest people who create them. The point is to make things on your own, and yet there is no way that I am going to be able to wallpaper my entire house in one afternoon. 

Another infuriating example is an online tutorial that states that I can make my own sketchbooks at home. What they don't mention is that you can only complete the tutorial if you have book binding glue, a paper cutter, a bone folder, and linen thread.
Where do I even buy one of these?

I do not have any of those things in my house. If I really wanted them, I would have gone to a craft store. If I could go to a craft store, I would have just bought a sketchbook. 

In the end, I made myself a notebook with random objects I had in my house. It serves its purpose...for now. 

-Dianna

Comments

  1. Hahaha, all of those items to make a sketchbook would have been more expensive then to just buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, all of those items to make a sketchbook would have been more expensive then to just buy one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally like the concept of making DIYS. But that does annoy me! They always say "This is SUPER easy! You most likely have the materials laying around at home" as they tell me to get a 20 ft by 10 ft board of wood!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

The Beginning and the End of the End

Everybody Loves Homework!