Once a Klutz, Always a Klutz

Hi people, 

Today I will be writing about a story from a field trip that I once went on. I originally didn't know what to write about in this post, but then it hit me...literally. I walked into a table before I sat down to write this and was reminded of another instance of clumsiness. 

We had gone to look at pond ecosystems for a day because we had learned about frogs in class recently. We were supposed to try to catch pond creatures in large white buckets so that we could identify them. After a while, all of my classmates had already caught tadpoles or minnows and I hadn't caught anything except mud. 

I was determined to catch something so I came up with a brilliant stupid idea. I thought that the creatures were hiding under the dock, so I put my bucket as far under the dock as I could. 

The problem was that I couldn't pull the bucket back out of the water because of my lack of arm strength. I tried to move to the side but that just made everything worse. 

The bucket was now pulling me closer and closer to the leech-infested pond. I flopped around, trying to pull myself up, but nothing seemed to work. 

Because I was completely stuck, my classmates actually had to pull me back onto the dock. That day will forever be the one time I almost fell into a pond... I hope.

-Dianna

Comments

  1. Great blog post, it was interesting and funny! Something similar happened to me when I was younger, oh the memories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

Everybody Loves Homework!

The Beginning and the End of the End