Everybody Loves Homework!

Hi people, 

My school has been assigning a lot of homework and projects. That is what schools do. 

Recently, it has become too much. It has become a regular occurrence for my friends to fall asleep on their homework or stay up into the late hours of the night because they are scared of missing a due date. 

Many of them have written posts about this issue. Many of them talk about this issue on a daily basis. Many of them have even confronted our teachers asking for help. 

We only get two types of responses. 

1. "I only assign homework that you can finish in 30 minutes."
2. "This is preparation for high school."

Here are my arguments. 

1. I have never completed a '30 minute assignment' in less than an hour. Even if each assignment took only 30 minutes, we have at least seven classes that assign daily homework in addition to projects. 

2. By the time I am in high school, I won't even remember these assignments. If school ended in July and started again in August, I could understand the point of preparation, but three months is a long time. 

I love school. 

I do not love sleep deprivation and anxiety.

-Dianna

Comments

  1. Fortunately, I cannot relate. In class we have what is called Personal Learning Time and I finish all my work then so I don't have to do anything after school. Also I think what the teachers mean by preparing us for high school is not the actual knowledge on what the homework is about but the preparation and time it takes outside of school to complete an assignment. I hope you finally get to relax from the homework !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personal Learning Time sounds like it would be useful for my friends and I.

      Delete
  2. My friends and ME. Have I taught you nothing? =T

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

The Beginning and the End of the End