Childhood Favorites

Hi people,

Today I will be writing about one childhood obsession hobby that was an integral part of my life for a very long time. 


American Girl dolls

Image result for american girl

Definition- Those incredibly overpriced dolls that every eight year old girl I knew would kill for

I got my first American Girl doll for Christmas when I was three or four. My cousin who was a year younger had gotten two of the dolls that year. Getting at least one doll every year soon became a pattern and I found myself buying more and more of their accessories as well. Presently, I have fifteen of them and they have consumed a large part of my family's basement. Many people have asked me or my parents about why I would spend so much money on overpricecd dolls. I always agreed that they were overpriced for dolls, but they were not overpriced for friends.  Often times, my dolls were substitutes for friends. They were always there when I needed them, unlike quite a few of my real friends. They later provided a much needed creative outlet for me; I would take pictures of my dolls and then write stories to go along with them.
A Christmas photo

They also provided some comic relief for me when I was feeling down.
Some of the dolls in a pile of dish sponges

 I stopped buying dolls in 2013 because the quality of the brand declined and I no longer had enough time for many of my childhood hobbies. The dolls still hold a spot in my heart and my basement though. 

- Dianna

Comments

  1. I've always wanted an American Girl Doll, I used to watch their doll house tours and their stop motion videos xD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a child, I never played with American Girl Dolls. I was more of a people person. I'm the complete opposite now, I'd much rather read a good book then socialize.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

The Beginning and the End of the End

Everybody Loves Homework!