Galena (Vacation Post)



Galena, Illinois: a small town surrounded by summer homes and farmland with a street brimming with small shops at its center.

This is my home away from home and the place I choose to escape the troubles of everyday life in. I have been annually vacationing in Galena for at least the past six years. Over all of these years I don't think that I've met many people who have been to the town and loved it as much as I have. Most of the time people just look at me like I am a lunatic because they don't understand why on Earth someone would want to go to a small town in the middle of nowhere for fun. It's fun because I actually have everything I need: a yarn shop for knitting, an art store for drawing, a hiking trail for deep thought, and some restaurants that serve my favorite comfort foods. Why wouldn't I love it there?




                                                 - Dianna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

The Beginning and the End of the End

Everybody Loves Homework!