An Internal Dialogue From the Writing of a Recent Post

Today I am supposed to be writing about... 

Don't write that, Dianna! It's already in the post title!

So.... How do I start?

I don't know. My job is only to judge you and make sure it takes you at least five hours to write a post, not to actually help you. 

Why do you even exist?

...

And she's gone. Just like that! At least now I can write. 

Not so fast! Are you really going to include our conversation in this post? You don't want people to think you've lost your mind. Do you?

Of course not, but I promised my readers authenticity. 

How will they know whether or not you tell the truth?

I'll know that I wasn't telling the truth. 

What's the point of honesty if everyone hates it?

Authenticity has its own value. 

How many page views has "authenticity" gotten you?

1,270, and that's good enough for me. 

And followers?

Quit trying to convince me! I already made up my mind. 

Or did you?

Stop confusing me. I need to write this post. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

The Beginning and the End of the End

Everybody Loves Homework!