Neighborhoods

Hi people, 

Today, I will be writing about the concept of neighborhoods and how they don't fit into my life. 

I have heard people talking about their communities and actually talking to real human beings that live nearby. This originally struck me as quite strange, being that I don't even know the names of the people that live on my block. 

I live in a neighborhood where people don't really talk to each other. No one has a front porch, and people don't really use their front lawns for anything except decoration. 

This is quite a contrast from the neighborhoods of my family members. In their neighborhoods, you can't walk for 30 seconds without seeing someone. People bike to the store and regularly take their dogs on walks and children draw with chalk on the sidewalks. 

As I thought about this idea some more, I realized that I never even bothered to wonder why no one in the neighborhood really talks. 

I guess ghost towns have just seemed normal to me. 

-Dianna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

The Beginning and the End of the End

Everybody Loves Homework!