The Beginning and the End of the End

Hi people, 

Today I am writing about the end of my years at my school. I really didn't want this post to be cliche, but the end of this school year is a massive, all eclipsing issue in my brain right now. 

This is because I really don't like that this year is ending. I don't like the idea of being separated from my classmates. I don't like that I have to leave my teachers. I don't like the idea of leaving almost everyone I know for a building full of strangers. I don't like any of it. AT ALL. 

Last year was very different. I spent the last day staring at the clock and when the time to leave came, I snatched my report card and ran out of the building. I was the first to leave. I didn't event bother to say goodbye to anyone. 

That summer I spent a lot of time thinking, and I started to appreciate my school a lot more. 

Now, I can't even go a week without school. Over spring break, I kept thinking about how my classmates would laugh at something I saw. I would think about how they would sing to the song that just played in the restaurant, or how they would buy that totally random tchotchke in a gift shop. 

It was maddening. 

It not only hurts that I probably won't see them anymore, but also because many of them feel the same way. 

Comments

  1. It's strange isn't it? How when we have one thing we yearn for the other. And when we finally have the other, we want the first. Amazeballs blog by the way. Much Loveeeee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess the grass is always greener.

      Delete
    2. Unless it's winter in Chicago. In that case, there's no green grass at all.

      Delete
  2. Hi Dianna! I really think that high school will be a great new chapter for you! See you at graduation!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

To My Parents,

Everybody Loves Homework!