To My Parents,

I'm not terribly good at expressing gratitude. I'm not good with time. Most of the time, I need a reality check. I'm always too stuck in my thoughts to do or say anything important. When I eventually decide to do something, I just end up ruining it. 

You two are the only reason that the first paragraph didn't keep going on into infinity. You said I should just get this over with, so I will. 

You might not always tell me what I want to hear, but there is no doubt in my mind that you always tell me what I need to hear. I'm just terrible at listening. 

When I say certain things, people look at me like I have five heads, but you actually try to understand what I'm saying. I appreciate that so much because a lot of times I feel like the three of us are the only ones listening. 

Unlike most people, you tend to understand me. Even when you don't, I still know that you're trying as hard as you can. 

I have no more words because there are too many. 

Thank you,
Dianna

Comments

  1. This post had me staring at the "publish" button for about an hour. I hope it was worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, this post was a heck of a lot better than any tribute I could make. So, yes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be nice being an only child. With my two other siblings and me being the middle child it's hard to get their attention when speaking.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your parents read this lovely tribute to them. What a delightful daughter they have raised.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Beginning and the End of the End

Everybody Loves Homework!